4/17/08

R.I.P. Chris Amore - Forever Missed

A guy I knew back home was stabbed to death. He lived in Detroit and, as judgmental as this might seem, was probably up t no good. I mean, if you are from Detroit you know where not to be at certain times. This was not Chris' first encounter with fights.

Not too long ago another kid I knew died. He was in a motorcycle accident and busted his skull open. He was from a well-to-do family that owned a popular steakhouse in Dearborn. He was one of the cool kids who made sure everyone knew it.

I guess all this is to say, why do people forget all the negatives about people when they die? Don't get me wrong I feel terrible that these people are no longer on this earth. I just don't get it. People who were terribly hurt suddenly have R.I.P. _____ _____ on their myspaces and messenger profiles.

Writing that I realized how insensitive I seem. I guess what I should be focusing on is, did I do what God wanted me to do in these people's lives. I certainly hope so. Chris was going to join Master's Commission at my old church; I don't thin he ever did. I know he loved his family very much, he lived at home with his father and two younger sisters and wasn't in the right crowd. He came over a few times to use my turn tables and bass guitar.

Shawn and I made a video in 8th grade on the giver. We acted the story out and made sure our "outtakes" topped Tony's group. We skated a little together but he always acted tough and like he was better than me. It just seemed like a defense mechanism.

All this to say I was able to interact in these peoples lives before my own pride and selfishness kicked in. I just hope that I was able to be who God wanted me to be and I didn't get in the way.

----------------
Now playing: Burden Of A Day - Battle For Hoth
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Burge The Ginger said...

Man that's deep. I feel as though i really relate to that. It is weird to think that all the negativity is forgotten when death occurs. But your right we do have to remember or focus on impacting peoples lives, or just being the person God wants us to be around everyone, all-though we aren't perfect, we affect people in ways we can never imagine so be encouraged that you definitely probably made an impact bro.

Unknown said...

Whether or not he was up to no good doesn't mean he should have been murdered! No one deserves what happened to Chris, except for the people who did it to him. And I'm one of those people that put R.I.P. Chris on my myspace, with some speck of hope that he still might be able to read it some how. Chris believed in God, and he went to church... but I don't see how that's relevant to your point. He was trying to change his crowd. He discussed moving to PA to live with me, where no one knew him, and he could start over... but I moved home. I wish I hadn't. I wish I had stayed in PA, and I wish he was there with me. I didn't forget the bad things he did, but I'm not gonna highlight them in bold print for everyone to see. No one's perfect, not even you. I'm sure you've done your fair share of things that people will neglect to mention after you die. In out of respect for Chris, some things are just better left unsaid.

John Habibi said...

I'm not trying to highlight the bad things he did. I am sorry it came across that way, I was stating thoughts that I had. Chris was a cool kid. I would gladly have him over my house any day to play bass or mess around with the turntables. My point wasn't "this person did bad and they deserve to die. No one deserves to die like that. I was just putting out there the thought that everyone forgets everything but the good. Yes we highlight the good, but never forget. I am sorry if you were offended by my writings, they are my thoughts and do not have to be shared by any one.