4/14/08

Hands up, praise the Lord.


So, Jeremiah called me to go work the pedicab on Friday. I did not know the number so I didn't answer. When I got his message I thought about calling him back; I decided not to. Not that I don't need the money, God knows I do. I just know I'm going to miss everyone over the summer so I thought it would be more beneficial to hang out before I leave. Adam called today, I should probably call him back too.

Is it not crazy how God is there even when we aren't specifically looking for him. I'm thinking back on my year here at Evangel and looking at the person I am becoming. I have never once considered not going to church or thought maybe I should stop praying or I don't know some other crazy thing. It probably seems weird that I am pondering these things, but it seems like a lot of people just give up on God when they get even a taste of freedom. I have a friend who moved out when he was, I don't know, 19 or 20. He stopped going to church completely and gave up on a lot of the morals he was raised with. I have another friend whose parents weren't around so much in his mid-teen years and he is struggling with that relationship with Him as well.

I guess all this is to say I am glad God is always with us. Even when we turn our backs or get so selfish that we try things our own sinful way He loves us and has mercy on us and is more than happy to take us back as long as we tell him. As a Christian I make mistakes, heck, we all do. The only difference is as Christians we are called to acknowledge our mistakes and recognize through Christ's saving grace we are free. I do a lot of wacky stuff, but I can tell you one thing, I try my darnedest not to make that mistake again, and if I do, it's not in the same way it was before.

I think towards the last half of my life I can have this Christ-like life relatively down pack. Of course I will never be perfect, but I trust in God that with Him I'll be exactly who He needs me to be; in the end, is that not what we want too?


----------------
Now playing: Saints Never Surrender - John Klotz
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Burge The Ginger said...

Well said John, Well said. Man you encourage me bro for real.